Search rankings are not only important for your business, but also for your customers. The higher your site ranks in search engines, the more traffic you will receive from people searching for what your business has to offer. However, if you see a drop in search rankings or experience any other issues with Google’s algorithm, it can be frustrating and difficult to recover from it.
How To Improve SEO From Search Rankings Drop
In this post, I’m going to show you how to recover from a search rankings drop and improve your SEO in general.
- If your website has been penalized by Google, there are several things you can do to try and get out of it:
- The first thing is that if you’ve been hit with an algorithmic penalty or manual action (such as Penguin), then there are ways to get out of these penalties if they’re legitimate mistakes on your part. For example, if you were hit by Panda 4 years ago but still have Panda-related issues today then maybe something else happened recently which triggered another round of Panda updates? In this case it would be worth looking into whether any recent changes made could have caused such an issue; for example, maybe someone else copied some content from their site onto yours without permission (which would be against Google’s terms)? Or maybe someone hacked into your website somehow? Whatever happens though – don’t panic! Just keep working hard until things turn around again.
What Causes Search Rankings to Drop?
There are many reasons why your search rankings drop. Here are a few:
- Poor quality content
- Not enough backlinks (backlinks help to improve the credibility of your site)
- Poor user experience (if people don’t stay on the page long enough, it could be considered a poor user experience)
- Not enough engagement (engagement is when users interact with the website or app). For example, if someone shares an article on Facebook, this would be considered engagement because they’ve shared information about you with their network of friends and family members
How To Recover from a Search Rankings Drop
To recover from a search rankings drop, you’ll need to take some time and evaluate your website. Here are some steps you can take:
- Link building: Links are still one of the most important ranking factors in Google so make sure that you’re building links to your site that are high-quality and relevant. For example, if you’re running an ecommerce store then it would be best if those links came from other ecommerce sites or blogs about online shopping rather than random websites with nothing to do with what your business does. This will help Google understand that these new pages add value for users because they relate directly back to the content on your site.
- Keyword research: Keywords play an important role when it comes down “how” people find what they’re looking for online and knowing which ones matter most can help guide how much effort should be put into optimizing each page on your website (which we’ll get into later).
Search Rankings Drop Optimizing Your Link-Building Strategy
Link building is more than just a way to improve your search rankings, it’s also an important part of SEO. It’s the main indicator of trust and authority in the eyes of Google. The more links you have pointing to your site, the higher you will rank for specific keywords (and longer). This is because links are an indication that other sites find your content valuable enough that they want their readers to see it too!
Google uses many signals when determining where pages should rank on SERPs (search engine results pages), but one of its most important tools is called PageRank which was developed by Larry Page himself back when he was working at Stanford University as a grad student before founding Google with Sergey Brin in 1998!
If you want better rankings then don’t forget about link building; there are many ways we can help including our white label service where we manage everything from start-to-finish including keyword research & analysis through outreach campaign management & reporting back so all clients need do after signing up is sit back relax knowing their site will soon enjoy increased traffic thanks our team being hard at work behind scenes making sure everything goes according
Recover from a Search Rankings Drop Through Link Building
Link building is a good way to improve your search rankings, but it’s also a long process. If you aren’t seeing results immediately, don’t give up! Keep at it and you’ll see an improvement eventually.
The best part about link building is that it can help your website’s authority overall and get backlinks in the process. This means that even if one of those links drops out of Google’s index because they penalize one site for buying links or something else like that, there are still several other websites linking back to yours so even though one link may disappear from Google’s index due to penalties or whatever else happens with their algorithm updates (like Penguin), this won’t necessarily hurt your rankings overall because there are so many other sites linking back into yours from all over the internet!
If you’re experiencing a search rankings drop, it may be time to rethink your SEO strategy. The good news is that there are many ways to recover from this situation, including link building and content creation. If you want help with your website or blog, contact us today!